Owned and managed by Cathay Organisation, the original building was opened in 1939 as Cathay Building. In 2000, it was closed and partially demolished for redevelopment. Elements of the old Cathay Cinema, including its facade which was conserved as a national monument, together with a modern-day design by Paul Tange of Tange Associates Japan and RDC Architects Pte Ltd Singapore, were incorporated into the new building.
The Cathay Cineplex provides below facilities:
The Cathay Cineplex acceptable payment modes: